General presentation of the PN532
The embedded firmware and the internal hardware support the handling of the host
controller protocol for the different interfaces (PC, mobile base-band CPU, PDA CPU …)
• SPI, specific hardware implementation is needed to use the PN532 in LowVbat
mode when PVDD is absent. See the application note .
• Serial High Speed UART (HSU).
The host controller protocol is defined in chapter 0.
The firmware of the PN532 supports the following operating modes:
• LowVbat feature: see § 220.127.116.11
• PCD mode for FeliCa, ISO/IEC14443-3 Type A, Mifare, ISO/IEC14443-4 Type A
and Innovision Jewel cards
• Card interface mode for FeliCa, ISO/IEC14443-3 Type A and Mifare in
combination with secure microcontroller companion chip,
• NFC IP-1 mode.
The NFC IP-1 mode offers different baud rates up to 424 kbps. The PN532
handles the complete NFC framing and error detection.
• PCD mode for ISO/IEC14443-3 Type B and ISO/IEC14443-4 Type B cards2.